So it just so happens that you need to relocate but you don’t know what to do with your house. There are different options for you to choose from when it comes to figuring out how to sell your house when relocating. In many instances it would make the most sense to sell your house fast or in a timely fashion. Below, we cover the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Sell Your House
The first option you have when relocating is to sell your house. Have you ever stopped and thought that there is more than one way to sell a home? We will be presenting the three most common methods of selling your home when relocating.
Selling through a realtor.
Making use of a realtor to sell your house is one of the best decisions you can ever make, as you don’t need to be experienced in real estate before you can hire a realtor. Homeowners determine how much their involvement in the whole process will be.
• This is the best option if you don’t want anything to do with the house.
• Some realtors may not have your best interest and are willing to coerce homeowners to sell their home at a low price so that they don’t miss out on their commission.
• Hiring a realtor costs you a lot of money in commissions.
• You may have to spend money on expensive repairs and staging the house in order to get a market-value price for your home.
Put your house on the market by yourself.
You can decide to sell your property by yourself. This will give you the opportunity to gain the experience of how the real estate market works. If you are confident of your selling skills, you might want to try this option.
• You are in control of your negotiating.
• You gain more networking experience through a hands-on approach.
• It puts more cash in your pocket compared to using a realtor.
• You have to know more about real estate marketing, housing trends and local real estate laws.
Selling through a “We Buy Houses” company
The next option is selling your property to a cash house-buying company. With this method, you gain from both ends. When these companies buy your property, you don’t have to worry about carrying out repairs, you cut out commissions, and you can get an-all cash offer within 24hrs.
With 24hr Homebuyers, you get a cash offer within 24hrs, and you have the comfort of choosing when you would like to close. We can literally buy your house within a week!
If you are in Maryland, Texas and Tennessee and you need to sell your house quickly, give us a call at 888-714-7325 or fill out our form. We will still offer you tips even if you decide not to sell to us. We are always ready to attend to your unique situation.
Rent out your house
You might feel you don’t want to sell your home, so you consider renting it out. With this option, you might need to learn some tips on becoming a competent landlord. Renting is best for those people who may still be around the area even after relocating. You also have the choice to hire a property manager to stand in on your behalf.
• Every month is payday.
• There are tax advantages that landlords benefit from as mortgage interest deductions.
• It’s an avenue to learn some management skills.
• House repairs have to be timely to make tenants happy.
• A lawyer may be required to settle tenants’ disputes if it happens.
• If you are not staying in the area, then you need to think of property management fees.
Before renting out a house:
• Carry out a thorough inspection of the entire house and repair what is necessary.
• Cross the T’s and dot the I’s when it comes to your tenant. Carry out all necessary checks to be sure your potential tenants are financially stable.
• Know your rights, be acquainted with the tenant-landlord laws of your state.
• Always be prepared to carry out needed repairs.
• Have a cleaning service in place before tenants move in and after they move out to maintain the value of your home.
Get a free no-obligation cash offer within 24 hours!
Are you ready to sell your property? We are here to help you. When you make your decision, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We buy houses, offer cash, and we take on the repairs!
What are you waiting for? Call us now at 888-914-7325 or fill out our form to sell your property today!
We are interested in properties in Texas, Maryland and Oklahoma. You get feedback and an all-cash offer from us within 24hrs. In case you consider our offer to buy your house unsatisfactory, you can turn down the offer without being charged a dime.